ss_blog_claim=d6f0727c693f11e32c6623835ef02ab7

Sunday, November 02, 2008

My childish Christmas wish

A 40 year old wishing for a toy train this Christmas? Why not? Perhaps, it is still the child in me… or maybe it was because of an unfulfilled Christmas wish ever since I was a child. I really don’t know what it is with toy trains that fascinate me as a child that I never seem to have outgrown it.

As a kid, I always dream of having one. The longer the tracks, the better. And I always imagine my train to go on with real smoke and a realistic ‘choo-choo’ sound. And like I said, it was a dream that never gets fulfilled.

And that childish wish somehow survived through all these years. Definitely, it will still be an unfulfilled one, definitely not in the near future. But that doesn’t mean I can’t dream of it, right.

My wife was very much aware of this wish, and was in fact having almost gone to buy me one. But I talked her out of it… not that I don’t want it, but it would only make me feel guilty as there are more expenses that need to be prioritized.

Now, getting that childish Christmas wish fulfilled is out of the question. Yet again, there are more important matters that need to be attended to.

Yes, this is my childish Christmas wish… go ahead laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely see your point. I've gotten all my childhood wants on my kids. I couldn't wait til my first was old enough to drive one of those batter operated cars. I wanted one so bad as a kid, it felt great to get him one. Even though I'm way past old enough to drive, part of me wants to try to climb in his and drive it around lol.

Anonymous said...

hi cool mom!

thanks for dropping by!

yes, I wanted to have one those RC cars too... but not really as bad as with toy trains ;)

Share this post