ss_blog_claim=d6f0727c693f11e32c6623835ef02ab7

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Candles, not flowers



What good would flowers do?
You can’t even smell their fragrance
Their colors are of no use
Cause you can’t even see
Satin petals, no matter how soft
If they cannot be touched
Is just a gesture in vain
If I offer them to you

So I light candles instead
And whisper my prayer
An unconventional gesture maybe
To express an affection
But a faint heat may float
A soft whisper may travel
And just like kisses blown in the air
I pray that they can get through to you

-------------------------------
Roy
February 14, 2010
11:58 p.m.
Angeles City
Philippines

3 comments:

jan geronimo said...

A candle and a prayer. That's a powerful combo indeed. And if we're lucky we can conjure the presence of those we pray for. A magical communion.

Holly Jahangiri said...

What a beautiful idea.

I will light a candle today, myself, and say a prayer for them both - and for us. ((hugs))

Wishing you peace and love.

Roy said...

Thanks Holly!

likewise to you :)

Share this post