ss_blog_claim=d6f0727c693f11e32c6623835ef02ab7

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Moms & Sons

Last April, I stumbled upon the website of Dee through Jan’s tweet. I checked the link and I was led to her contest for Mother’s Day.

She was offering two Chicken Soup for the Soul books, one is a book between Moms and Sons, and the other is about Moms and Daughters.

The mechanics was simple – comment on the post and convince her why you deserve the book, tweet about the contest, or write a post in your blog about the contest.

It was supposed to be for mothers, but since I am a single parent now, I thought I would qualify as a ‘mother’ too… so I joined the contest.

I commented on her post, tweeted the contest and I wrote a post in my blog where I explained why a father like me would want a Chicken Soup book for mothers.

Yes, I did all three to show Dee how badly I wanted the books.

Luckily, I won, and Dee informed me that she will send me the Chicken Soup for the Soul – Moms and Sons.

I was excited!

Last week, I finally received the book!

Now, I have something to read, where a father like me can learn about relationships with the sons… from a mother's point of view.


I am excited to read the book…. thanks Dee!

1 comment:

fatherlyours said...

Congratulations Roy.

Share this post