ss_blog_claim=d6f0727c693f11e32c6623835ef02ab7

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Hope shines anew....

It could just be a thread... but it is something for me to hang on... at least...

Yesterday I got a call on my cellphone. A girl on the other line confirmed my name and then asked if I am already employed. When I said not yet, she asked if I would like to work for them as an accountant.

Surprised... at first I thought it was frank call... a scam... another modus operandi. I asked her name again and their company. It turns out they are locators in Subic, it is a Japanese company looking for an accountant. When I asked her how she got hold of my number and how did she know I was an accountant. She told me "from the internet". I remembered, I uploaded my resume in JobStreet.com and JobsDB.com

Anyway, she asked me if I could come for an interview - Monday, June 3 at 9:00 in the morning. I said yes cause I really don't have anything to do on that date. After she hung up, I was still confused about what has transpired. I haven't applied to any company online for quite sometime as I am not getting any reply nor feedback from them. Then suddenly, a company picked up my resume from the databank?!

I searched for the company's name in the net. It is an existing company, a legitimate one. And they have just been awarded a contract by the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA). So I guess, this could be a real job offer.

The interview will be tomorrow... so if you happen to chance by this blog anytime before, during and even after the interview... please may I request for a short prayer? Hoping that this could be the light at the end of the tunnel I'm searching for...

I'm still hoping...

Share this post