ss_blog_claim=d6f0727c693f11e32c6623835ef02ab7

Monday, August 09, 2010

Gray Rainbow


What I thought was colorful
Was nothing but different shades of gray
Not one ray seems too attractive
Not one intend to liven up
Perhaps I just had too much
Of childhood fantasies
Colorful rainbow and happy dreams
Fallacy painted with lies in between
So when I chased my rainbow
I was met with the truth forlorn
That the colors were nothing
But mere reflections of what could have been

----------------------------------------------
Roy
August 10, 2010
12:09 am
Angeles City
Philippines

*reply to "Challenge me to poetry" submission by Rose Almonte with her word "Rainbow"

2 comments:

jan geronimo said...

I'm sure there will be other rainbows that can make your heart jump to your throat, Roy. You don't fancy storm clouds? Ahehehe

Roy said...

I'm sure, Jan... the question is, will I ever notice when there's something in my eyes?

Share this post