ss_blog_claim=d6f0727c693f11e32c6623835ef02ab7

Friday, August 13, 2010

Honest intentions don't count

I am able to reach other people’s hearts
But why can’t I reach yours?
I can put a smile on their face
Or let a tear escape from their eyes
But I can’t even make you
Turn your eyes my way

Honest intentions don’t count?
Perhaps you just didn’t see
Just how much it means to me
And thought I am just
Not the truth I purport to be

Too much? Too soon?
But why wait when I am certain?
I cannot really fathom the problem
Was it you or was it me?
Or am I just too assuming?

And honest intentions don’t count.

-------------------------------------------
Roy
August 13, 2010
3:15 pm
Angeles City
Philippines


*reply to the poetry challenge “misunderstood” submitted by Dina Zulueta

No comments:

Share this post