ss_blog_claim=d6f0727c693f11e32c6623835ef02ab7

Monday, April 06, 2009

Getting back to poetry... my real Reflection

My last entry in my Sugar Coated World made me realize one thing -- I need to write poems.

Although the mood of that piece was a dark one, it reminds me of where I came from... of what I am.

I am a self-proclaimed poet before I was a struggling blogger.

Like what I said when I traced how REFLECTIONS started, before there were blogs, url's and PRs -- there were only notebooks, an old reliable blue ink pen, and a lot of pent up emotions.

Those emotions were able to fill up three notebooks of verses of different moods, each one reflecting how I was feeling, what happened or what I saw at the time of writing.

And as I started my fourth REFLECTION early this year, the 11 entries written in it weren't really new, they were old poems that I have written after filling up the third notebook, which were just scattered everywhere. I still don't know if I have missed some, I can't remember.

As I write my latest poem in the notebook, there was a strange feeling... something that I didn't feel when I write on my blogs... but it was familiar... it's something that I have felt before.

I can't recall where I read it... but I do remember it something like...

When everything always fails, look back... trace your steps... trace your beginnings...

it might be a good time to start again...

so I am...

11 comments:

Jan said...

"As I write my latest poem in the notebook, there was a strange feeling... something that I didn't feel when I write on my blogs..."

You really have the heart of a poet, I must say. It's good you have this to put symmetry to your blogging life. Some place you can return to again and again to take stock, to reflect, and to even just listen to your inner voice. What is it dying to say this time?

The other blogs you write in fulfill your basic needs as a man, as a father to your son(s). But this is yours alone to touch base with yourself.

I must have something like this to keep me sane. Not that I'm a poet like you. Just some place where I can totally be myself.

Roy said...

You know Jan, you just gave me one solid excuse for me to keep this blog... and I thank you for that.

you're right, I really do need this blog.

thanks!

zorlone said...

How many old poems do you have? I looked at my scratch, uhm, notebook, and found there were a lot of entries in my high school and college years, but most of them are about the same subject.

It is easier to reflect on the "now" state than to recall those memories. Although, looking back, I still get those goose bumps whenever I read my teenage-old poems. LOL

Z

Roy said...

Hi Zorlone,

well, I am now in my fourth notebook. so I guess, just a little less over 200, dwelling on different topics.

thanks!

julia ward said...

Hi,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to email me a poem for my Poetry Friday. (txt file)

j ward art @ aol . com

I'm hoping Zorlone will be back next week.

blessings,
julia

Roy said...

thanks for the invitation Julia!

Jena Isle said...

You must write poems Roy, You've got what it takes.

Cheers.

Roy said...

thanks for the encouragement Jena

Vigil said...

I always admire people who can write poems... They seems so complicated for me to do. In simple words, I cant just do it!

When I read around, people's feelings are pouring out in poems... i find it difficult to do so.

You're on your 4th notebook? Oh wow! 200 poems? Maybe I better buy a notebook then! Inspiring.

Webbielady said...

I always admire people who can write poems... They seems so complicated for me to do. In simple words, I cant just do it!

When I read around, people's feelings are pouring out in poems... i find it difficult to do so.

You're on your 4th notebook? Oh wow! 200 poems? Maybe I better buy a notebook then! Inspiring.

Roy said...

Hi Webbielady

well, not all of those 200+ are something that I want to show to everyone.But there are some I could say I could be proud of.

Thanks!

Share this post